Terms and conditions
1. Français à la carte is a French language center run by Mr Philippe Farge and Ms Hayet Soudani (the Course Directors) to the learner wishing to study French (the Student).
2. To reserve a place or places on the Course, the Student should complete and submit the Online Booking Form and send payment of the initial non-refundable deposit within 7 days of a booking request. The deposit is 150 euros per contract for any formulas. Following receipt of the Booking Form and deposit, the school will send a confirmation by email. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the Course fee is payable not less than 6 weeks before the start of the Course. If payment is not received by the due date, the school reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within 6 weeks of the start of the Course require full payment at the time of booking.
4. The Student is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by the school's insurance.
5. Should a student leave the Course before the end, no refund of amounts paid will be made by the School.
6. The school is opened from 9am on Monday morning until 7pm on Friday evening, and 6pm on Saturday evening.
7. For the "semi-intensive" course, the timetable for each day consists either of a 3 hours session in the morning or a 2 hours session in the afternoon. For the morning classes, the students will have the choice to start at 9am or 10am. The afternoon session will start at 2pm with a lenght of 2 hours. It's important to notice that an agreement could be settled between the student(s) and the teacher in order to start earlier and/or to extend the class of an extra 1 hour. Whatever the student(s) needs, an afternoon class cannot exceed the lenght of 3 hours.
8. For the "à la carte" course, the 3 hours morning class will be added by 2 hours in the afternoon for an overall learning of 5 hours. The student(s) will rely on the availability of the teacher until 4pm. As flexibility is our priority, student(s) will have a say on the pedagogical content and on the various activities provided by the school.
9. For the "great escape" course, the 3 hours of French in the morning will be followed by 3 hours of outings (visits, sightseeing, hiking, tours in the countryside) in order to provide a full immersion to the student(s) until 6pm.
In case of bad weather, activities will be organized at the school place until 5pm (only with the customers agreement). However, in case of unforeseen circumstances (extreme weather, risk of terrorism...), the school reserves the right to cancel the outings and stay at the School for indoor activities.
10. A break will be given with an average lenght of 5 minutes by hour. For instance, the 3 hours morning class will be splited in 2 parts with a 15 minutes break in the middle while the 2 hours morning class will be splited in 2 parts with a 10 minutes break.
11. Payment of the Course fee does not entitle the Student to ownership of the intellectual property rights of the Course content. Teaching materials are provided solely for the Student's education. Copying, selling or any other form of distribution of this material is strictly prohibited.
12. The Student's accommodation or food is not included in the Course fee and as such the Course Directors are in no way liable in the event of contention or litigation between the student and an accommodation provider or meal provider.
13. Transport to and from airports is not provided by the School.
14. In case of bad or abnormal behaviour, the Course Directors have the right to dismiss the Student at any time, with no refund or compensation.